Saturday, May 17, 2008

Cast on Four Weddings...

I just cast on the March yarn (Four Weddings and a Funeral) the other day and I am loving it. Even hubby was impressed at the colors and the vibrancy of this yarn. I have the fingering and I decided to go with the Crusoe sock pattern, which I've never tried. So far, so good. What do you guys think? I was inspired by Jana's version of these socks with CSI Miami. You can see them on Ravelry, of course. Love 'em!







I'll share it to the Ravelry group, too...

What are you guys working on?

5 comments:

Courtney said...

Your sock looks great so far. I'm saving my Four Weddings for socks for my nieces ages 2 and 4 because their favorite colors are pink and purple. Your pictures have me itching to cast on.

Alison said...

I am so glad to see your Four Weddings and a Funeral Colorway. It looks very pretty. I think Crusoe was a good choice.
Alison

Jill said...

Thanks, guys! :) I am loving how they're coming out. Courtney--you might be onto something, because my daughter (who's 7) was VERY interested in who these socks are for. LOL She was so cute--I wish I'd thought of her first! Your nieces will love them. They're super bright and vibrant. (Thanks, Jana) Alison, thanks on the Crusoe choice. I think it really highlights the different colors without taking away from the colors at the same time.

Jill L said...

Love the socks! Great pattern, but beware its not true to gauge....I had to CO and extra 12 stitches!

Jill said...

Thanks, Jill L. I saw that Jana said it ran small. I just went ahead and cast on my regular number (64 sts) for fingering weight and figured I'd go from there. I forgot that I'd changed it SO much. Maybe I shall try it on? Thanks for the reminder. :)